Protect your practice with Business Interruption Insurance

Imagine a pipe bursting at your practice this winter, flooding your entire office and forcing you to close until repairs are made. Would you have adequate coverage not only to repair your damaged property, but also to cover lost revenue due to canceled appointments? Could you cover the fixed expenses that still need to be paid even while your practice is closed?
Be sure your property insurance policy includes business interruption insurance, sometimes called practice income coverage. Here are examples of expenses typically covered under business interruption insurance:

• Lost income, rent or mortgage expenses, salaries, utility bills and taxes.
• Temporary location expenses which may include extra expenses incurred for moving to, and operating from, a temporary location.
• Coverage of reasonable expenses incurred to allow your practice to continue operation while the property is being repaired.

If you insure your practice through the MDA-endorsed Professional Protector Plan (PPP), practice income/business interruption insurance is provided.  If you have questions, or if you would like more information on the PPP program, please call MDA Insurance at 800-860-2272 or go to and choose the Liability & Property insurance option.