Accident insurance and critical illness insurance provide dentists and their employees with cash benefits if they sustain an accidental injury or are diagnosed with a critical illness. Plans for groups or individuals are available. The group plan is through Allstate and is offered at great rates to MDA members and their employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week. Several levels of coverage are available in each plan:
- $20,000 or $40,000 for Accident Insurance 24-hour protection
- $10,000 or $20,000 for Critical Illness Insurance
- $40,000 or $60,000 benefit options for Off-the-Job Accident Insurance
Life Secure Personal Accident Insurance
Another option is the Life Secure Personal Accident Policy, which allow you to purchase a bank of accident benefits. If you sustain an accidental injury, simply submit your explanation of benefits form and receive reimbursement for up to the full amount of your benefit bank, less any deductible that may apply.
Why Accident/Critical Illness Insurance Makes Sense
Most health insurance plans today are high-deductible plans. This exposes you thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs before your health insurance pays any benefit. Purchasing accident or critical illness insruance can be a form of re-insuring you against those high out-of-pocket obligations. If you are diagnosed with a covered critical illness, or sustain an accidental injury, these insurance policies will pay benefits that then can be used to pay your health plan deductible. The cost for accident and critical illness insurance is low.
To learn more about how you can cut your out-of-pocket expenses by buying these voluntary insurance plans call 877.906.9924 to speak with one of our agents.
- View the Allstate Benefits Voluntary Group Accident Insurance Brochure and Rate Sheet (24-hour plan)
- View the Allstate Benefits Off-the-Job Voluntary Group Accident Insurance Brochure and Rate Sheet
- View the Allstate Benefits Voluntary Group Critical Illness Insurance Brochure
- Download the Allstate Benefits Voluntary Group Accident and Critical Illness Enrollment Form
- File a Claim
Hospital Recovery Insurance
Stay in control and focus on your post-hospital-stay recovery rather than struggling to pay or worrying about unexpected hospital and recovery costs. Hospital Recovery insurance pays you a fixed daily amount for hospital confinement up to the calendar year maximum of 35 days.
Life Secure’s Hospital Recovery insurance plan even provides a daily benefit for up to 4 days when you are under “Observation” in the hospital rather than an admitted inpatient.
Use the cash that is paid to you after you are discharged as you see fit to cover costs such as lost wages, transportation, meals, child care, housekeeping, etc.
Designed to be customized this plan:
- Features issue ages from 18 to 85
- Is guaranteed renewable for life
- Allows you to choose a daily benefit amount between $100 and $900 in $10 increments
- Can be purchased by individuals
- Can be offered as a Group plan in a variety of forms
- 100% voluntary enrollment by your employees
- With employer contribution
- 100% employer paid
Personal Appointments Available
MDA Insurance provides the option of on-site visits or “Zoom” (a free-downloadable application that allows parties to see one another, converse and share documents using PCs, laptops or mobile phones) meetings to discuss the issues that apply to your particular situation. To request a quote, enroll, or schedule a visit at your convenience, please call 877-906-9924.