Guidance for filing for unemployment
Online Filing Schedule – www.Michigan.gov/UIA
• Last names beginning with letters A-L are asked to file claims on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays.
• Last names beginning with letters M-Z are asked to file claims on Sundays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays.
• Saturdays will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window.
Call Center Filing Schedule – 866-500-0017:
• Last names beginning with letters A-L are asked to call on Mondays and Wednesdays between 8:00am – 5:00pm.
• Last names beginning with letters M-Z are asked to call on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:00am – 5:00pm.
• Fridays (8:00am – 5:00pm) will be available for anyone to accommodate those who could not file during their allotted window.
Applications are now being accepted for a new, $100 million program to provide grants to small businesses, including dental offices, around Michigan working to recover from the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 virus.
The Michigan Small Business Restart Program will support Michigan’s small businesses that are reopening and have experienced a loss of income as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. Funding was obtained through the federal CARES Act.
The program application process is open at michiganbusiness.org/restart and will run through Wednesday, Aug. 5.
“This program puts federal funding to work for small businesses in Michigan hardest hit by the impact of COVID-19 helping to ensure they can keep their doors open and put critical protections in place for their workers and their customers,” Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said.
Funds can be used as working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses or other similar expenses. To qualify for grant support, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Is a business or nonprofit that can demonstrate it is affected by the COVID-19 emergency.
- Needs working capital to support eligible expenses.
- Demonstrates an income loss as result of the COVID-19 emergency.
- Has not received a grant through the Michigan Strategic Fund’s Michigan Small Business Relief Program. Businesses that have received support through other COVID-19 relief programs, including the Michigan Small Business Relief Program loans, are eligible to apply for Restart grants.
Additionally, at least 30 percent of the funds awarded under the program must be provided to women-owned, minority-owned or veteran-owned eligible businesses. The MEDC anticipates that more than 5,000 businesses across the state will benefit from the program.